A New Exhibition Showcasing Urban Art and Graffiti Coming to Leicester
Leicester is buzzing with excitement as a new and captivating exhibition featuring stunning urban art and graffiti is set to take over the city’s subway. “Pixel x Repainting Subway Art” promises to transport visitors into a virtual underground world, filled with awe-inspiring 3D animations and authentic graffiti artwork from renowned urban artists around the world.
The exhibition, divided into two parts, will kick off on Saturday, February 3rd. It is another high-tech event brought to life by the team behind the Bring The Paint urban art festival and Graffwerk, in collaboration with the local cultural organization, MBD (Metro Boulot Dodo). MBD is known for its work in virtual reality and 3D visuals, and they will breathe life into the first part of the exhibition with their immersive 3D installations.
The first part of the exhibition will present a vibrant display of virtual reality (Image: MBD/Paint To Pixel).
The second part will feature archival materials and firsthand stories surrounding urban art and graffiti. It will also showcase works by Dutch graffiti artist TRIPL/FURIOUS, under the project titled “Repainting Subway Art” – a ten-year program aiming to reveal the global impact of graffiti urban art.
Supported by the BID Leicester, the Arts Council England, and the Museums and Galleries of Leicester, Pixel x Repainting Subway Art sets the stage for the internationally recognized Bring The Paint Festival, which will take place from Monday, May 20th to Sunday, May 26th. The new exhibition will remain on display until Monday, May 27th.
1. What is the exhibition coming to Leicester? The exhibition coming to Leicester is called “Pixel x Repainting Subway Art.”
2. What does the exhibition include? The exhibition includes large-scale 3D animation projections and authentic graffiti artwork from urban artists around the world.
3. When does the exhibition start? The exhibition starts on Saturday, February 3rd.
4. What is the team behind the Bring The Paint festival? The team behind the Bring The Paint festival is Graffwerk.
5. Which cultural organization collaborates with Graffwerk? The local cultural organization MBD (Metro Boulot Dodo) collaborates with Graffwerk.
6. What will the second part of the exhibition present? The second part of the exhibition will present archival materials and firsthand stories about urban art and graffiti, as well as works by graffiti artist TRIPL/FURIOUS.
7. Who supports the exhibition? The exhibition is supported by BID Leicester, the Arts Council England, and the Museums and Galleries of Leicester.
Definitions for some key terms or jargon used in the article:
1. Graffiti: Graffiti is a form of visual art, typically created on public walls or other surfaces. 2. Urban Art: Urban art refers to artistic expression connected to urban life, often conveying creative and political messages. 3. Museums and Galleries of Leicester: Referring to the museum and gallery located in Leicester. 4. Virtual Reality: Virtual reality is a type of digital simulation where users interact with a virtual environment.
Recommended relevant links to the main topics (not subpages):
1. Bring The Paint Festival: [a href=”https://www.bringthepaint.co.uk”]www.bringthepaint.co.uk[/a] 2. Graffwerk: [a href=”https://www.graffwerk.com”]www.graffwerk.com[/a] 3. Museums and Galleries of Leicester: [a href=”https://www.visitleicester.info/see-and-do/museums-and-galleries/museums”]www.visitleicester.info/museums-and-galleries[/a]