Diddy’s alleged drug mule Brendan Paul accepts plea deal

Diddy‘s alleged drug mule Brendan Paul has accepted a plea deal and will avoid jail – one month after he was arraigned for a single drugs-based felony charge.

Paul, 25, was arrested by Miami-Dade Police, alongside Homeland Security agents, at Opa-Locka Airport in Miami about 4.30pm on March 25, and was initially hit with two felony drug possession charges by the Miami-Dade Police. 

Officials at the time said they had found suspected cocaine and marijuana laced-candy in his luggage however the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office later dropped the marijuana charge. Last month his attorney Brian Bieber entered a not guilty plea on his behalf.

Bieber told TMZ on Thursday: ‘Brendan accepted the prosecutor’s offer to permit his entry into the diversion program which, after completion, the case against him will be dismissed in its entirety.

A representative for the Miami-Dade State Attorney told the publication this was a ‘standard offer to a non-violent defendant with no priors – who was arrested for a possession case instead of a much more serious trafficking case.’

Diddy's alleged drug mule Brendan Paul has accepted a plea deal and will avoid jail - one month after he was arraigned for a single drugs-based felony charge

Sean 'Diddy' Combs has kept a low profile since federal agents raided his homes in Los Angeles and Miami in March

Paul has enrolled in a drug diversion program for around 6 months.  If Paul completes the course without issue there will be no jail time or probation.

Paul was referred to as Diddy’s ‘drug mule’ in a $30 million lawsuit Rodney ‘Lil Rod’ Jones filed against Diddy, whose real name is Sean Combs.

The complaint, one of five against Combs since November, alleged he was involved in ‘acquir[ing] and distribut[ing] Mr Combs drugs and guns’.

Whether Paul’s arrest was connected to allegations in the lawsuit, or to the raids on Diddy’s properties, was not confirmed.

Jones claimed in the lawsuit that he ‘personally witnessed’ Paul ‘acquire and distribute’ drugs to Combs and his entourage, and transport or intend to transport drugs in baggage on flights.

An arrest warrant obtained by DailyMail.com says that Paul admitted to having drugs in his luggage as law enforcement intercepted him at Miami Opa Locka Executive Airport at 4.15pm in March.

He wrote the flights were between Los Angeles, Miami, Virginia, the Caribbean, and London three times in December 2022, April 2023 and November 2023.

‘Members of the enterprise and their associates procured, transported and distributed ecstasy, cocaine, GHB, ketamine, marijuana, mushrooms, by packing these substances in their carry-on luggage and going through TSA,’ he wrote.

‘Mr Jones personally witnessed… Brendan transport firearms to and from nightclubs, strip clubs, and other venues for Mr Combs on his person in Miami, Florida. 

This is the dramatic moment Paul was taken into custody by police at a Miami-area airport in March

Paul with Diddy in the recording studio, posted to Paul's Facebook and included in the lawsuit

‘Mr Jones personally witnessed Mr Combs distribute firearms out of his bedroom closet to individuals that Mr Jones knew to be members of local gangs.’

Jones attached a photo of Paul holding prescription pill bottles with a black pouch sitting on his lap.

‘Brendan Paul is videotaped with one of the black pouches Combs, and Kristina Khorram required the associates and members… to carry,’ he claimed.

‘This pouch was filled with ecstasy, cocaine, GHB, ketamine, marijuana, mushrooms, and tuc.’

‘Mr Combs required Brendan Paul and Mr Jones to carry his firearm on their person whenever they went out,’ another part of the lawsuit read.

‘One of these occasions Mr. Jones was required to carry Mr Combs’ firearm was when Mr Combs recorded himself coaching Mr Jones on how to solicit sex workers.’

Paul was referred to as Diddy's 'drug mule' in a lawsuit Rodney 'Lil Rod' Jones (pictured) filed against Diddy, whose real name is Sean Combs

Jones (left) and Paul (right) together, wearing 'Bad Boy' hats

Jones worked with Combs most recently on his record, The Love Album: Off the Grid. He claimed Paul and other staff were told to hire sex workers to come to the recording studio.

Combs, 54, founded the Bad Boy record label in 1993, and was a major figure in hip-hop’s commercialization over the decades that followed. His proteges included the late Notorious B.I.G. and Mary J. Blige.

He is among the industry’s billionaires, not least due to his ventures in the liquor industry.

But contrary to a public image of suave businessman, lawsuits describe Combs as a violent man who used his celebrity to prey on and intimidate women.

Combs’ homes were raided in March, pictures exclusively obtained by DailyMail.com showing several disheveled rooms, bedrooms turned over and drawers rifled through, as the rapper faces multiple allegations accusing him of sexual and physical abuse. 

Aaron Dyer, an attorney for the rapper, broke Combs’ silence just over 24 hours after the Homeland Security investigation with a statement to DailyMail.com. 

‘Yesterday, there was a gross overuse of military-level force as search warrants were executed at Mr. Combs’ residences.

‘There is no excuse for the excessive show of force and hostility exhibited by authorities or the way his children and employees were treated,’ Dyer said.

‘Mr. Combs was never detained but spoke to and cooperated with authorities,’ he added.

The rapper and music industry mogul was sued in November by the singer Cassie Ventura, who accused him of rape and physical abuse before the case was settled out of court

‘Despite media speculation, neither Mr. Combs nor any of his family members have been arrested nor has their ability to travel been restricted in any way.’

‘This unprecedented ambush — paired with an advanced, coordinated media presence — leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits,’ Dyer continued. 

Four women, including Diddy’s long-term girlfriend, filed shocking lawsuits against the rapper late last year, accusing him of abuse and sexual assault.

The rapper, who earned a fortune through music as producer and artist with the Bad Boy Entertainment record label, was accused of rape, sex-trafficking a minor, assault and a slew of additional alleged abuses.

Ex girlfriend Cassie Ventura accused him of rape and forcing her to have sex with male prostitutes in front of him. She also accused him of repeated physical abuses. Combs denied the allegations and settled the suit.

Combs has since denied all further allegations against him, saying ‘enough is enough’. 

This post was originally published on this site